Monday, November 8, 2010

Fall and CNN in Korea

I was quite busy this week, because of the many papers, group projects and presentations I had. I'm glad that's over for now. They all went very well. One time I went to a place just outside the campus to prepare for a presentation. It was about 10 minutes away with the bus. It was a very cosy, nice place. It's popular among students in this district, because you can rent out a room to study or do other school related things. I went to that place with 2 other classmates. We each paid 5.500 KRW, which is about 3.5 euro. I thought our money was well spent, because we rented a room for about 2-3 hours and we even got 'free' tea, soup and cookies. And there was a free refill. I had to go to that place, because everything was already booked in advance at the library. Sometimes I forget this is a univerity with about 28.000 students.
Fall is very nice in Korea. I can't really say Fall is very nice in Holland, because of the rain and wind. Of course the colors of the leaves of the trees etc. are nice. Over here it doesn't rain much during Fall. At least not until now.
Because of the G20 meeting that is coming soon in Seoul, November 11th and 12th, there are many foreigners coming to Korea. These people are mostly tourists, protesters or journalists. The Underwood International College of Yonsei invited a CNN anchor that is based in Hong Kong. I recognized her from watching CNN. Her name is Anna Coren from Australia. This was mainly for the Journalism faculty, but everyone could apply. I realized there were only about 4 visible foreigners over there. The funny thing is that this was focused especially for foreigners, but most of the people that applied for it were Koreans themselves. She is here in Seoul to cover the G20 and the I-list program on CNN. The iList program focuses on South Korea this week. She was here at the campus to share her stories as a journalist and to give advice to future journalists. Anna Coren is also going to interview some prominent figures, such as Ban Ki-Moon. He is the eighth and current Secretary-General of the United Nations, after succeeding Kofi Annan. Here are some pictures I took of her and the campus during Fall. I don't have a (group) picture yet, because someone else took it with her camera. I will upload that one later when I receive it. Anna was understandably in a hurry after her speech.
  
*I've updated the pictures.














No comments: