Friday, September 17, 2010

Planning to go to Gyeongju and Busan

Hi everyone,

I made a video to show you around the campus and the dormitory, SK Global House. I did this after class and it was getting dark soon. But you should get an idea of what it's like over here.

Watch this in HD mode to see it clearer. Here's the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTaUdMR5gHk


I will blog about the YonKo Jeon, Akaraka and other happenings soon. I still have to gather some pictures and videos other people made.

Oh yeah, I'm planning to go to Cheongju and Busan this week starting from Sunday. We all have one week off because of the Chuseok holiday (Korea's Thanksgiving). Some people are going to Japan, Hong Kong or China. But I haven't seen much of Korea yet and I'm here only for one semester. Time flies by.

Cheongju has been an important provincial town since ancient times. Especially during invasions of Japan. It's also well known for its fortresses, nature and nationals parks. Busan is a coastal city and the number two city in Korea. A beautiful metropolis. It's famous for the Haeundae beach where many people come to relax and enjoy themselves. It's considered Korea's best beach. Busan was the host city of the 2002 Asian Games and APEC 2005 Korea. It was also one of the host cities for the 2002 FIFA World Cup, and is a center for international conventions in Korea. On November 14, 2005, the city officially announced its bid to host the 2020 Summer Olympics Games.

Busan is also home to the world's largest department store, the Shinsegae Centum City and is pursuing a large number of multi-skyscraper projects, including the 110-floor, 510m-supertall Lotte Super Tower, which is slated to become the world's third tallest building in 2013, after Burj Khalifa in Dubai and 1 World Trade Center (also known as the Freedom Tower) in New York City.

I hope I will have a good time during my holiday =D.

Update: I actually went to Gyeongju and not Cheongju! You can read about that in my next blogs.

No comments: