Saturday, July 17, 2010

Getting my visa


Thursday I went to The Hague to get my visa. That city is about 1,5 hours away and I needed to prepare some documents beforehand. When I got to the city I noticed I forgot my photos. Luckily there was a booth to make photos at the station.

I have no sense of direction at all. And when I went to the South Korean embassy I was kind of lost. First I went with the wrong bus. Then I walked towards the wrong direction. Eventually I got there at 4.30 p.m. The embassy closes at 5 p.m.

When I arrived at the embassy there were two cute Korean ladies. I had all the necessary documents with me such as my bank statement, acceptance letter of Yonsei university, my diploma etc. But the one thing that disturbed me was that they couldn't speak English well. They spoke Korean most of the time. I had to make gestures for them to understand what I was saying. Sometimes I think they understood what I was saying, because they were nodding their heads and bowing.

I hope everything goes as planned and they won't mess up my trip!

Crossing my fingers.

Next Thursday I can pick up my visa.

* update: It turned out the machine to make the visa was broken. After I paid 20 euros for my trip to the Hague I got quite mad. They didn't take the effort to call me and share this information with me. That's why I told them I would pick it up the 16th of August, because then students could travel freely again. And now I have my offical visa in my passport.

Tip for future students. GET YOUR VISA AS EARLY AS POSSIBLE!

No comments: